By Mark Everson Davies,Hilary Swain
Aspects of Roman background 82BC–AD14 examines the political and armed forces background of Rome and its empire within the Ciceronian and Augustan a while. it really is an necessary advent to this crucial interval of Roman heritage for all scholars of Roman heritage, from pre-university to undergraduate level.
This is the 1st booklet considering the fact that H.H. Scullard’s From the Gracchi to Nero, released generations in the past, to provide a whole introductory account of 1 of the main compelling and very important sessions within the historical past of Europe. Aspects of Roman background 82BC–AD14:
- brings to lifestyles the nice figures of Pompey, Caesar, Antony, Cleopatra and Augustus, and explores how strength was once received, used and abused
- covers the lives of ladies and slaves, the working of the empire and the lives of provincials, and faith, tradition and propaganda
- offers either a survey of the most themes and an in depth narrative in the course of the shut exam of sources
- introduces scholars to the issues of reading facts, and is helping boost the information and talents had to extra the learn of historical history.
Read Online or Download Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14: A Source-based Approach (Aspects of Classical Civilisation) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Have you puzzled what it'd be prefer to return in time? have you desired to ask knowledgeable what it'd be prefer to stroll the streets of old Athens or Rome, or dwell in medieval Europe, or serve on one among Nelson’s ships? you can now through the Now that you just requested. .. sequence of books from Fireship Press.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, Universität Potsdam, Veranstaltung: Kleopatra VII. Philopator, sixteen Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Kleopatra VII. ist eine der berühmtesten Frauen der Antike. Trotzdem ist die Quellenlage schwierig, da das, was once wir bis heute über Kleopatra erfahren haben, meist auf der Propaganda ihres Gegners Oktavian beruht.
Pentheus has banned the wild, ritualistic worship of the god Dionysos. A stranger arrives to cajole him to swap his brain. Euripides’ electrifying tragedy is a fight to the dying among freedom and reticence, the rational and the irrational, guy and god.
Alexander conquered such a lot elements of the Western international, yet there's a good deal of controversy over his invasion of India, the least recognized of his campaigns. In BC 327 Alexander got here to India, and attempted to move the Jhelum river for the invasion, yet used to be then faced via King Porus who governed a space in what's now the Punjab.
- When Men Were Men: Masculinity, Power and Identity in Classical Antiquity (Leicester-Nottingham Studies in Ancient Society)
- Les assemblées provinciales dans l'empire romain (French Edition)
- Egyptian Tales, Translated from the Papyri - Second Series, XVIIIth To XIXth Dynasty
- Pericles of Athens
- The Politics of Munificence in the Roman Empire: Citizens, Elites and Benefactors in Asia Minor (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- Djéser et la IIIe dynastie (Les grands pharaons) (French Edition)
Additional resources for Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14: A Source-based Approach (Aspects of Classical Civilisation)
Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14: A Source-based Approach (Aspects of Classical Civilisation) by Mark Everson Davies,Hilary Swain