By George H. Smith,Lawrence M Krauss
"It isn't my function to transform humans to atheism . . . (but to) display that the assumption in God is irrational to the purpose of absurdity. If anyone needs to proceed believing in a god, that's his prerogative, yet he can not excuse his trust within the identify of cause and ethical necessity."
Read Online or Download Atheism: The Case Against God (The Skeptic's Bookshelf) PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
A Theology of the elegant is the 1st significant reaction to the influential and debatable Radical Orthodoxy circulate. Clayton Crockett develops a positive radical theology from the philosophy of Immanuel Kant - a philosophy attacked through Radical Orthodoxy - to teach Kant's relevance to postmodern philosophy and modern theology.
Written for undergraduates, the expert layperson, and students in fields except philosophy, the parable of non secular Neutrality deals an intensive reinterpretation of the final kinfolk among faith, technological know-how, and philosophy. This new version has been thoroughly revised and up to date by means of the writer.
Motion was a well-known topic in philosophical mirrored image. It figured prominently in Aristotelian philosophy, and the medieval Scholastics equipped a few of their key adages round it. yet by the point Maurice Blondel got here to target it for his personal philosophical mirrored image, it had all yet disappeared from the philosophical vocabulary.
Rev. John H. Dietrich lived from 1878 to 1957. From 1916 to 1938 he was once the minister on the First Unitarian Society in Minneapolis, Minn. He had three church buildings finishing on the one above. He elevated the entire church buildings from lower than 100 contributors to over a thousand participants. He wrote approximately 1500 one hour sermons.
- Kult und Macht: Religion und Herrschaft im syro-palästinensischen Raum. Studien zu ihrer Wechselbeziehung in hellenistisch-römischer Zeit (Wissenschaftliche ... Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe) (German Edition)
- Four Cardinal Virtues, The: Human Agency, Intellectual Traditions, and Responsible Knowledge
- One World, Two Systems:Learning to Operate in Divine System
- Religion and Human Nature
- Geist und Unsterblichkeit: Grundprobleme der Religionsphilosophie und Eschatologie im Denken Søren Kierkegaards (Kierkegaard Studies. Monograph Series) (German Edition)
- Inheritance and Originality: Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Kierkegaard
Extra info for Atheism: The Case Against God (The Skeptic's Bookshelf)
Atheism: The Case Against God (The Skeptic's Bookshelf) by George H. Smith,Lawrence M Krauss